Edamame for Snacking
usually find frozen soybeans (edamame) at the grocery store. If your
local megalomart doesn't carry them: (1) complain loudly and bitterly;
(2) visit your local Asian food store.
What you'll need:
Large saucepan or cooking pot
- Boil about 2 quarts of water in a large pot.
- Add the desired amount of edamame (for one person, 1/2 cup to 1 cup
should be sufficient as a snack or side dish).
- Bring the water back to a boil and cook the beans for 5 minutes.
- If you're serving them as a side dish, drain and sprinkle with salt.
- If you're snacking on them, drain, rinse with cold water, and sprinkle
with salt. Who needs popcorn?